This Zucchini Caprese Salad is great for the summer, it is light and fresh and is perfect with fish and or grilled chicken. Go ahead and fire up the BBQ and add your favourites grilled sides to accompany this salad. The zucchini adds a crunchy textures and the herbs add so much flavour that complements the Bocconcini cheese and tomatoes. This salad uses mandarine oranges but can use watermelon or omit the fruit if you prefer without. Use your favourite fresh herbs to enhance the flavour and the bocconcini cheese can be replaced with feta.
ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SALAD
|This salad is gluten and egg free
- Use a spiralizer to spiralize your zucchini into ribbons. Then slice the ribbons so that they are about 5 inches in length. If you do not have a spiralizer, use a peeling knife and take full strokes along the zucchini to create long ribbons.
- Combine the zucchini ribbons and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a jar, combine the lemon, vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Put lid on and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the zucchini noodles and tomatoes and toss well. Place in the fridge and let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the bocconcini balls and basil over top. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Divide into bowls and enjoy! Makes 4 Servings.
Make it a Meal: Serve with a grilled chicken breast for some added protein.