- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups carrots, grated
- ½ cup zante currants
1. In a food processor combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon
2. Pulse in eggs, coconut oil, and honey
3. Remove blade from food processor and stir in carrots and currants by hand
4. Grease a 7-inch spring form pan with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour
5. Transfer batter into prepared pan
6. Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or toothpick ready
7. Cool for 1 hour
If you would like to create a layer cake, double the recipe and bake in 2 pans. My favourite way is to bake it using 7 inch cake pan.
For a traditional carrot cake, frost with Cream Cheese Frosting One batch of Cream Cheese Frosting makes enough to frost the top and centre of the cake. If you want to frost the sides, as in the photo above, make two batches.
For a dairy-free option this carrot cake can be top this with this incredible Coconut Whipped Cream recipe, and some toasted shredded coconut.
recipe courtesy of: https://elanaspantry.com/