When it comes to weight loss everyone tends to overlook one very important thing. Of course diet and exercise are important, there is one very important key that is missing.
Have you guessed what it is yet? Go on, I’ll give you a minute to think about it.
Ok wait, before I tell you, you can find it in the picture below.
Take a look, it quenches your thirst and I’ve loaded it up with lemons and cucumber!
Though it sounds too simple to be true, there are several reasons why drinking adequate amounts of water throughout the day can help you release excess weight.
So how exactly does water help with weight loss? A few ways…
1. When you are well hydrated, your organs are able to perform more optimally. This allows your metabolism to speed up, which means you’ll burn calories more quickly. Even mild dehydration will slow down your metabolism.
2. Natural waste is produced in your body each day from basic functions such as breathing and digesting food. Getting rid of these toxins can be helpful for weight loss, because toxins are stored in fat cells. Water is a great way to flush toxins out of your body.
3. When you are dehydrated, the blood volume in your body is reduced. Decreased blood volume levels results in lower energy levels, which makes it difficult for you to stay active.
4. By drinking more water, you’ll naturally end up drinking fewer high-calorie, sugary drinks.
5. As a bonus, water keeps your skin hydrated, plumped and helps your skin retain that youthful glow!
Did you know that 75% of the American population is chronically dehydrated? And in 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger. By simply drinking more water, you may notice that you become less hungry. In fact, one glass of water ended midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters participating in a University of Washington study. Amazing right?
Brenda Davy, Ph.D., completed a research study at Virginia Tech, and found that drinking water before meals can help you to lose weight and keep it off. In her study, the subjects that drank water before meals lost an average of 4 pounds more than the group that did not drink water before meals.
To supercharge your weight loss, make sure that you aim to drink 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight. And if you can handle cold water, go for it! Researchers found that your metabolism is boosted within 10 minutes of drinking cold water, and those benefits can remain for at least 30 or 40 minutes.
I encourage you to start drinking more water today! It will help support your body in so many ways and is incredible for cleansing the body and weight loss.
In fact, with my personal one-on-one weight loss clients, they have greater weight loss success,losing 1-3 lbs a week when they hit their water intake goals!
Be sure to drink lots of water, add lemon or cucumber for that added flavour and extra cleansing power for the body. It’s a simple little life changer.
In the meantime, cheers to staying hydrated!